January 28, 2022News
When we need makeup inspiration for a special occasion, TikTok is the first place we go. The video-sharing platform has given us some of the most exciting makeup trends of the season – from the reverse cat eye to the DIY face-lift or cheek sandwich. Gone are the days when we went to YouTube to see what makeup other people were wearing. TikTok has it all – including makeup tutorials that we’re dying to recreate at home.
Our For You Page is full of our favourite influencers sharing their makeup looks for special occasions. It’s the ultimate ‘get ready with me’ video that lets us get an insight into the hidden gems in our favourite influencer’s makeup bag and how they get their signature look.
The makeup looking that we’re recreating in this guide is @blueyedcai’s birthday glam look. This step-by-step TikTok makeup tutorial is part of a series where we break down tutorials and hacks to make them easier to follow at home. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned professional, it can be difficult to keep up with a short 60 second TikTok video.
We’re breaking down each stage of Caitlin’s birthday glam makeup tutorial step by step to help you recreate it at home. Are you ready? Grab your makeup bag and lets get started.
1. Start by taking a white shadow and apply it under your eyebrow using a thin eyeshadow brush. You want to do this step to create the illusion of a natural highlight and higher brows to naturally lift your face.
2. Take this pale skin-tone shade and buffer it across the top of your crease as a base shade to help brighten your eyes.
3. Select a transition shade – such as a pale brown – and blend it into your crease before taking the colour across your eyelid.
4. Using an eyeliner brush, take a black shadow and create a winged line at your outer corner. You can place a piece of tape down to help you get the perfect flick for your winged liner.
5. Grab your foundation to create a flawless base layer. In this video, Catlin is using Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter foundation.
6. Use a stippling brush, followed by a fan brush, to help set your foundation in place. If you want a more natural look, you can opt for a beauty blender instead and gently bounce it off your skin to apply the foundation.
7. Using your fan brush, take your bronzer and buff it into your forehead to create a glowing sun-kissed look. You want to also use it to contour your cheeks. Depending on your preference, you can also use it to contour your jawline for a sleeker finish.
8. Lift your under-eye area by applying your concealer at the inner and outer corner of your eyes. Blend in an upward motion to naturally lift your eyes to make them appear larger and brighter.
9. Take the eyeshadow shade that you had previously used for your lid and bring it down below your lower lash line.
10. In part two of her tutorial, Caitlin used a black pencil eyeliner on her lower lashline to define her eyes before applying another coat of eyeshadow underneath.
11. To finish off this birthday glam look, overline your lips using a deep mauve shade before filling in your lips with a high-shine gloss.
12. Add a coat of mascara to lift and curl your lashes for a dramatic finish to your eye makeup.
13. Don’t forget to highlight! Caitlin used the Charlotte Tilbury liquid highlighter on her cheekbones, before applying a Charlotte Tilbury blush to the apples of her cheeks.
We love this soft glam look by Caitlin that works for any occasion – whether it’s your birthday or a holiday cocktail party. It’s all about creating a flawless base to help make your eyes pop with a subtle and natural lip to finish it off. You can use this step-by-step tutorial as inspiration for a glowy makeup look and switch out the products to match your signature colour palette.
You could take this look to the next level by adding a red lip or swapping the glossy lip for a liquid lipstick. This makeup look is all about creating a sun-kissed glow to your skin to unlock your inner radiance.
Which TikTok makeup look would you be interested in seeing a step-by-step guide for? Leave us a link and let us know in the comments!
Whether you spend hours scrolling through your TikTok app or have never opened the platform, this article is for you. It gives you an insight into the trends that are dominating the platform and that you can expect to see more people rocking in real life. Another knock-on effect of TikTok trends is that it impacts which products beauty brands choose to release. If a beauty brand spots a trend about to go viral on TikTok, they’ll rush to get ahead of it.
The beauty of social media is that beauty trends can come out of nowhere, changing and adapting to our needs. This idea was never truer than when the pandemic hit, and beauty trends shifted from a full-face of makeup or a skincare-focused routine.
Makeup is a form of living art. Whether it’s attempting to apply false eyelashes or nailing the art of the perfect winged eyeliner, everyone has felt frustrated by makeup at one time or another. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the ever changing trends (thanks TikTok), new techniques and products that seem to be popping up on social media every time we log onto our feed.
What we love about this trend is how easy it is to put your own spin on it. An XXL ponytail is easy to create, giving you the creative freedom to make it your own. If you have a look on TikTok and Instagram, you can see how celebrities and influencers alike have been experimenting with the trend.It might take some trial and error for you to find exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s worth experimenting with before the holiday season.We’re sharing our top tips and tricks on how you can take your XXL ponytail to the next level and add a touch of your personality to the trend.