January 25, 2022News
TikTok is the home of some of our favourite hair trends. Whether it’s Ariana Grande-inspired ponytails or a double ponytail, TikTok has a hair trend for everyone. While we love TikTok hair tutorials, we know that they can be difficult to follow – especially if you’re not a seasoned pro at doing your hair.
Most of the hair tutorials that you’ll find on Instagram are simple videos of the person doing the hair sped up to fit within the TikTok format.
Unfortunately, this means that not every influencer provides clear instructions on how to recreate their hair styles – which means you might end up re-watching a video a dozen times to try and learn how to do the style yourself. You also might find yourself having to pause and restart the video while trying to do the style yourself.
We’ve been taking our favourite TikTok hair trends and providing simple step-by-step explainers to help you create the look at home with the help of our guides and the original video. With the holiday season right around the corner, we thought this feminine hairstyle by @auroralovestrand was the perfect choice for our latest explainer. Read on to find out how you can recreate this princess-inspired hairstyle at home.
What we love about this hairstyle by Aurora Lovestrand is that all you need is two hair ties to complete the look, making it an easy one to create on the go. This whimsical hairstyle is the perfect one to experiment with as an easy way to take your outfit from day to night. You’ll want to ensure you brush your hair and have it parted before you start styling it.
Grab your hair ties and let’s get started. We recommend brushing your hair before starting this look. You may also decide to add a little extra volume to your roots before starting for a sleeker finish.
1. Section the top 1/3 of your hair and pull it into a loose ponytail. You want to avoid putting too much tension onto the ponytail.
2. Once you have the ponytail in place, take the ends of the ponytail and flip them over the top of the ponytail. It’s easiest to use your fingers to create a gap in your hair above the ponytail and gently pulling your hair through that way.
3. This step should leave you with an intricate twist on both sides of your hair. You want to keep the ponytail loose to give this part of the hairstyle its moment to shine.
4. Take your fingers and slowly loosen the sides of the ponytail for a slightly messy look. You want to keep this hairstyle looking imperfect and slightly less polished than a traditional ponytail.
5. Lift the ponytail over y our head and grab the remaining hair, diving it into two sections. Pull one section over each shoulder before bringing the ponytail back to rest in its normal spot.
6. Take the two remaining sections of hair and twist them around the top of the first ponytail to create a second ponytail. Secure this ponytail with another hair tie.
7. Loosen the second ponytail to create a gap before gently pulling the first ponytail through the hole of the second.
8. You should now have a second twist underneath the original, with the two ponytails layered over each other for a seamless look.
Creating this TikTok hairstyle is as simple as that. You can take this look to the next level by curling your hair beforehand. You can also add a hair accessory to the top of the ponytail to create an accent look for this hairstyle.
We’ll be wearing this TikTok hairstyle on repeat throughout the holiday season. It’s easy to recreate and once you’ve mastered it, you recreate it within a few minutes.
You can personalise this hairstyle by leaving some of the front sections of your hair loose to frame your face. If you want a sleeker look at the front, push back your flyaways and use a styling cream to seal them in place,
Do you have a TikTok hairstyle that you’d like us to create a step-by-step guide for? Drop us the link in the comments below!
Sometimes you forget that you’re already wearing your best accessory. With summer just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to perfect the art of dressing up your hair. We have a few accessories that you should add to your closet to bring a little extra jazz to your hair: Headbands, Silk Scarf, Bow Clip, Scrunchies, Jewel Clips.
What we love about this trend is how easy it is to put your own spin on it. An XXL ponytail is easy to create, giving you the creative freedom to make it your own. If you have a look on TikTok and Instagram, you can see how celebrities and influencers alike have been experimenting with the trend.It might take some trial and error for you to find exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s worth experimenting with before the holiday season.We’re sharing our top tips and tricks on how you can take your XXL ponytail to the next level and add a touch of your personality to the trend.
Whether you spend hours scrolling through your TikTok app or have never opened the platform, this article is for you. It gives you an insight into the trends that are dominating the platform and that you can expect to see more people rocking in real life. Another knock-on effect of TikTok trends is that it impacts which products beauty brands choose to release. If a beauty brand spots a trend about to go viral on TikTok, they’ll rush to get ahead of it.
The redhead trend has been slowly gaining popularity in recent years. It started with Sophie Turner’s character, Sansa Stark, on Game of Thrones. Her luscious red wig had us all wanting to channel our inner Queen of the North by going copper red. After the popularity of the Queen’s Gambit, Netflix’s latest hit tv series, the trend has reached new heights.