What is Face Steaming?
If you are tired of expensive face treatments, then you should consider face steaming. It is a non-invasive, easy, and budget-friendly skin treatment that cleanses your face and gives a sheen to it. Face streaming is a way to makes your skin feels healthy and flawless. It is the best way to hydrate and cleanse your face from all the impurities and toxins. For most skincare, facial steaming is a common procedure and is a perfect one to incorporate into your skincare routine. This soothing procedure has many advantages, from cleansing to hydrating. The best part is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
There are no serious side effects of face streaming. But do not steam your face if you have rosacea, because it will further irritate your skin. Some people also experience skin inflammation and redness. Normally redness goes away on its own, but it is better to consult a professional if you feel any burning sensation.
Face Steaming in Clinic
Face streaming is a holy grail for every professional dermatologist. They use streaming devices to unclog your pores and remove all the impurities and dirt from deep within your skin layers. This relaxing treatment extracts all the toxins from your face making your face look squeaky clean. In the clinic, they use different devices for face streaming that helps the products to absorb deep into the skin. Steam sessions loosen up your pores and improve blood circulation, leaving your skin clear, healthy, and glowing.
Face Steaming At-Home
· Firstly, clean your face with a mild cleanser or a good exfoliating soap. This will make sure that steam will reach deep into the pores to unclog and remove dirt.
· Here is a DIY for a budget-friendly deep pore cleansing. All you need is baking soda and some fresh wash. Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda into 1 tablespoon of water. Mix them well until a liquid-paste like consistency is form.
· Gently massage it onto your face for few minutes. Massage in a circular motion and don’t forget to clean your neck and ears. This gentle cleanser will remove dead skin cells and dirt from your face.
· Now wash your face with cold water and pat dry your face.
· Boil some water and carefully pour it into a bowl. You can also add some fresh herbs into the bowl according to your liking.
· You can add rose petals, chamomile, parsley, or any fresh or dried herbs. They help purify your skin and the fresh aroma will make you feel super relaxed.
· Now lean onto the bowl, make sure that there is enough distance between your face and bowl. Keep your face 12 inches away from the bowl.
· Grab a towel and cover your face and the bowl with it. Sit in this position for 5-10 minutes.
· Now remove the towel and pat dry your face. Make sure to tone and moisturize your face afterward.
The Benefits of Face Steaming
Steam opens the pores for easier cleansing and manages to clear any traces of dirt. Steaming is a means for your skin to extract the built-in makeup and refresh your face. Steaming also makes your skin sweat, which helps you flush out toxins. It also removes whiteheads and blackheads from your face.
There is a lot of exfoliating procedure that clean out the dead skin cells. Face steaming also provides mild exfoliation. It is not as strong as another method of exfoliation available on market, but it does help clean the outer layer of your face.
Steam moisturizes the skin by increasing the production of oil and moisturizes the face naturally. Water is the key to hydration and moisturization. The microscopic steam molecules can enter the skin, providing deep moisturizing. Make sure that you apply a good serum after a good streaming session to lock that added moisture into your skin.
Face streaming is a great source to relieve stress and any muscle pain from your face. A good steaming session leaves you feeling relaxed and stress-free. The warm and humid steam allows you to just sit back and feel relaxed.
Increase Products Absorption
Since streaming opens your pores and extracts all the toxins and impurities, all you are left with is a squeaky-clean face. It will help absorbs skincare products easily into the skin and you will see visible changes in your skin-care routine.
Increase Blood Circulation
Face streaming will raise the skin temperature, which can contribute to improved blood circulation. With an enhanced circulation of blood, the face can easily absorb the skincare products. The increase in blood flow during steam facials encourages the development of collagen. This makes the skin appear firmer and healthier.
How Often Should You Do It?
The heat from the steaming procedure encourages improved circulation in the face, which provides a glow to your face. More blood circulation will mean fewer wrinkles and fine lines, a healthier glow, and a permanent solution for active acne. Make sure there is a 12 inches distance between boiling water and your face. You can do this once or twice a week. Always apply a good moisturizer and lock everything in with a toner like rose water spray.
Face Steaming After-Care
Apply a good toner after 10 minutes of the steaming session. If you have sensitive skin, then you can use homemade toner as well. We recommend rose water for sensitive skin. Just spray 3-4 times on to your face. Another good option would be apple cider vinegar. It will gently exfoliate your skin and balance out the PH level of your face. It is antibacterial and best for people who do not want to invest in high-end toners. Follow up your skincare routine with a rich creamy moisturizer or a serum for better results. The bottom line is that face steaming is a budget-friendly treatment for deep cleansing and exfoliation. It will make your skin appear fresh, treats acne, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.